This program will prepare students to understand important pharmacology and body system terminology including drug delivery systems and administration routes, medical terminology, drug classifications, and commonly used medications. In addition, students will learn how to manage and work with common pharmacy management software, which is used to process prescriptions and medical orders. Finally, students will be prepared to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) or NHA ExCPT exam, and gain entry-level employment as pharmacy technicians. Students will also be provided a practice PTCE exam.
Graduates of the program are prepared to sit for:
- PTCE Certification Exam (PTCE) offered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
- The Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT) offered by National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
Student can expect 6-9 Months to complete the program
- Varies by Student based upon weekly number of hours of study
- Workforce Opportunities Include:
- Pharmacy Technician
- Certified Pharmacy Technician
You will need access to high-speed internet to begin your program. In addition, you will need access to a Microsoft® Windows® based computer running Windows 10® or later or an Apple® Mac® computer running macOS® or later, and an email account to complete this program.