This program provides engaging, interactive learning materials including numerous simulations – virtual exercises. Students will perform hands-on Practical Labs virtually and receive complete lab kit of items needed. The program carries ASHP accreditation which is an educational requirement of some State Boards and employers – in addition to certification. The Pharmacy Technician Professional program consists of 347 hours of theory content delivered via ebook, study guides, simulation, and videos. The last piece is the 160 hour externship and includes cost for graduates to sit for the PTCE certification exam.
Students can begin the program at age 17, however, they must be 18 years old to begin their externship.
ASHP/ACPE ACCREDITED AND PTCB APPROVED
Graduates of the program are prepared to sit for:
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) offered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB)
- The Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT) offered by National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
Students Can Expect 6-9 Months to Externship
- Varies by Student based upon weekly number of hours of study
- Workforce Opportunities Include:
- Pharmacy Technician
- Certified Pharmacy Technician
- This program will require students to obtain clearances for their externship
You will need access to high-speed internet to begin your program. In addition, you will need access to a Microsoft® Windows® based computer running Windows 10® or later or an Apple® Mac® computer running macOS® or later, an email account, a webcam, and microphone are needed to complete this program. For some of the courses within this program, a smartphone or tablet device can be used, provided the device(s) can connect to the internet. The Pharmacy Management Software course in this program does require a Windows operating system and is not compatible with Apple devices or a Chromebook, so a Windows-based computer or laptop running Windows 10 or later is required.